Monday, December 18, 2006

One Fine Day

12/11/06                                  

I was standing on the steps at the corner store the other day waiting for my friend to stop flirting with some guy.  Then I did one of those moves where you stretch your arm out so your sleeve moves and you can check your watch.  The only problem was the old lady coming up the steps that I incidentally knocked in the face.  She yelled at me in Russian.  A lot.  And I felt like a jerk for the rest of the day.

 

Later that same day, one of our porters stopped by.  He has been dropping by at least once a day for the past few weeks.  While he's at my house, he nitpicks at me – for example my socks aren't warm enough, I should wear long johns, I should keep my purse zipped up when I'm sitting at home, etc.  When he came, all of my lights were out and it was pitch black outside.  I told him he couldn't come in a few times and then he asked for money.  In the end, I closed the door in his face.  I feel bad because he's my friend, but I feel like he takes advantage of me.  Also, he seemed to think we were becoming an item since he comes over during every 15 minute break he has from classes.  Maybe I didn't handle that too well.  It was not a good day for the locals and me.


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home